Teacher Training Program (TTP)
Tuesdays and Fridays, 7:00–9:15pm
with Gen Kelsang Rigpa
studying Great Treasury of Merit
The Teacher Training Program is for those who wish to make a deep commitment to spiritual practice and become qualified teachers of Kadampa Buddhism. It involves the study of twelve books that cover teachings from both Sutra and Tantra. TTP Students are required to observe a number of commitments and to complete several meditation retreats throughout the year. If you are a Dharma student and have a sincere interest in joining TTP, please contact the Education Program Coordinator.
About the Program
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program is to provide a more extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism, to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism, and to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers.
The program comprises twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. Participants also observe certain commitments with regard to behavior and way of life, and to complete a number of meditation retreats. The twelve subjects of the Program are:
1. The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune;
2. Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness;
3. The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary Heart of Wisdom;
4. Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold;
5. Types of Mind, based on the commentary Understanding the Mind;
6. Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar;
7. Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss;
8. The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow;
9. Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra;
10. Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary Guide to Dakini Land.
11. Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths; and
12. The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana.