Teacher Training Program (TTP) Class
with Gen Kelsang Rigpa
studying New Heart of Wisdom
The Teacher Training Program is for those who wish to make a deep commitment to spiritual practice and become qualified teachers of Kadampa Buddhism. It involves the study of twelve books that cover teachings from both Sutra and Tantra. TTP Students are required to observe a number of commitments and to complete several meditation retreats throughout the year. If you are a Dharma student and have a sincere interest in joining TTP, please contact the Education Program Coordinator.
About the Program
Teacher Training Program (TTP) enables practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Mahayana Buddhism, and to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers. The Program comprises twelve subjects based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. The first five subjects of the Program are the same as for the Foundation Program, and the additional subjects are:
• Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
• Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
• The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
• Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and
• Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary The New Guide to Dakini Land
• Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and
• The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essense of Vajrayana
Participants also need to observe certain commitments with regard to attendance, completing preliminary guide retreats and volunteering at the center as their time permits.
Schedule: Sundays, 4:15-8:30pm (with weekly dinner potluck)
Book: The New Heart of Wisdom
The New Heart of Wisdom by scholar and meditation master, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, is a complete and authoritative explanation of the Heart Sutra revealing the profound meaning of the very heart of Buddha’s teachings – the Perfection of Wisdom Sutras.
This book shows how all our problems and suffering come from our ignorance of the ultimate nature of things, and how we can abandon this ignorance and come to enjoy pure, lasting happiness through a special wisdom associated with compassion for all living beings.
*** You can sign up for this program with either FP or TTP commitments. ***
Teacher: Gen Kelsang Rigpa