Sundays - Glendale
With Meditation Teacher
Shoseian Whispering Pine Teahouse - Brand Park
1601 West Mountain Street
Glendale, CA 91201
Sundays 10:30am-11:30am, $10 per class (free for GP Supporters)
January – February Series:
Transforming Mind & Body in the New Year
- Jan 12 – Meditation: Key to Peace
- Jan 19 – The Yoga of Eating
- Jan 26 – Meditations for Rest & Sleep
- Feb 2 – Spiritual Exercise for Mind & Body
- Feb 9 – Living Meditation in Daily Life
Within Buddha’s teaching we find clear guidelines on how to cultivate habits that lead to a positive, happy mind, as well as a healthier body. These teachings and meditations will give us clear and practical guidelines to create both mental and physical well-being in the new year. Everyone welcome.
February – April Series:
Overcoming Anger, Irritation & Frustration
- Feb 16 – The Danger of Anger
- Feb 23 – NO CLASS (California Dharma Celebration at KMC Hollywood)
- Mar 2 – The Trap of Desire
- Mar 9 – Accepting Reality
- Mar 16 – Revising Expectations
- Mar 23 – Getting Over Our Self
- Mar 30 – Insight & Acceptance
- Apr 6 – Healing Jealousy
Anger appears in many forms and disguises. Sometimes it manifests as a feeling of stress, other times it may take the form of depression. From the slightest frustration to resentment and embittered rage, anger is an emotion we all need to understand and conquer if we are to enjoy and make the most out of our life.
In this 8-week course we will explore practical solutions to the problem of anger, deconstructing its actual causes and learning viable alternatives to this painful habit of mind.
Classes consist of two guided meditations, a talk, and discussion. No pre-registration required.
$10 per class - Free to GP supporter
Join at any time