Wednesdays - Silverlake
Gen Kelsang Rigpa
$12 per class - Free to GP supporter
Transformation Through Buddhist Psychology: How to Understand the Mind
Starts Wednesday, November 12th, 7:30-9pm
Class dates: Wednesdays, November 12, 19, 26; December 3, 10 & 17 (no class December 24)
- An Introduction to the Mind: Opening the Door to Freedom
- Understanding Our Emotions: Why Do I Feel this Way?
- Empowered to Choose: Constructive Views and Attitudes
- Living with Intention: Creating Our World
- Being In the Moment: The Power of Mindfulness
- Focusing the Mind: Training in Concentration
- Developing Insight: The Light of Wisdom
This course is a practical guide for developing and maintaining a light and positive state of mind, showing how to recognize and abandon thoughts and intentions that harm us, and to replace them with meaningful and beneficial ones. The inspiring discovery we make from the exploring and discovering how our mind works is that we can heal our mental pain and attain a lasting state of joy and peace regardless of how things are going in our life.
Join at any time. Everyone is welcome. No previous experience of meditation is necessary.
Kadampa Meditation Center California
1492 Blake Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90031