Fridays - La Cañada
With Meditation Teacher
1930 Foothill Boulevard
La Cañada, CA 91011
Fridays 12-1pm, $5 per class
January – February Series:
Transforming Mind & Body in the New Year
- Jan 10 – Meditation: Key to Peace
- Jan 17 – The Yoga of Eating
- Jan 24 – Meditations for Rest & Sleep
- Jan 31 – Spiritual Exercise for Mind & Body
- Feb 7 – Living Meditation in Daily Life
Within Buddha’s teaching we find clear guidelines on how to cultivate habits that lead to a positive, happy mind, as well as a healthier body. These teachings and meditations will give us clear and practical guidelines to create both mental and physical well-being in the new year. Everyone welcome.
February – April Series:
Overcoming Anger, Irritation & Frustration
- Feb 14 – The Danger of Anger
- Feb 21 – The Psychology of Blaming
- Feb 28 – The Trap of Desire
- Mar 7 – Accepting Reality
- Mar 14 – Revising Expectations
- Mar 21 – Getting Over Our Self
- Mar 28 – Insight & Acceptance
- Apr 4 – Healing Jealousy
Anger appears in many forms and disguises. Sometimes it manifests as a feeling of stress, other times it may take the form of depression. From the slightest frustration to resentment and embittered rage, anger is an emotion we all need to understand and conquer if we are to enjoy and make the most out of our life.
In this 8-week course we will explore practical solutions to the problem of anger, deconstructing its actual causes and learning viable alternatives to this painful habit of mind.
Classes consist of two guided meditations, a talk, and discussion. No pre-registration required.
$5 per class
Free for YMCA members
Free to GP supporters
Join at any time